Thursday, December 18, 2008

I HATE THE SNOW.....

So... I have to share my first experience driving in the snow. Last night me, my mom and my lil' sister went up 2 St. George looking for a dress. Larry told me before I left I shouldn't go. He said " you don't even know how to drive in the snow." Of course I didn't listen.

Well on the way home I was barely past port of entry When I The freeway all of a sudden turned white, as in no lines. SOLID White and the stupid snow was falling so fast I was *DIZZY* So I told my mom I think I should pull over cause I was getting really dizzy, Well when I pulled over I couldn't tell were the freeway ended and the emergency lane started so I was off the road aways.
I was ready to get home by this point so I proceeded to go up on the freeway and thats when we started to slide sideways. I WAS DOING THE FREAK OUTS.... After about 5 times of sliding and peeling out and getting nowhere. ( no nobody stopped either) I decided to call my husband (who by the way was against me going) SO after trying to get on the freeway for about 25 min. This nice man from "COLORADO" stoped and helped push my armada up through the snow. He gave me some tips... #1 NEVER push your brakes #2 If you get scared slow down & # 3 don't pull over if you don't have 4-wheel drive. He stayed behind me going 45 MPH all the way through the gorge the when we hit Nevada and it was rain he passed me. WHAT A NICE MAN! So people if you see someone with nevada plates driving in the snow sideways on the freeway it might be a good idea to stop and make sure they are ok. I know I will FOR SURE.....

4 comments:

Dominguezfam said...

It is about time you did another post. Larry is very Hispanic, and I am glad your safe. I dont know what I'd do without my little flipper around!!!

{dawn} said...

Candice, Melanie told me about your experience :) something to remember huh! I hate to drive in the snow. Glad you made it okay, that is awesome he followed you til' you got home, there are still a few "good" people around!

innisfam said...

That's pretty funny.
Your so lucky he helped you. I would have done the freak outs too. lol us desert rats have no clue what to do when we see snow. so glad you got home safe though.

Melanie said...

Oh my girlfriend....What will I ever do with you? I knew you were crazy for even going to St.George when all over the news it said to just stay home and off the roads:) I am glad you made it home okay! I don't know what I would do without you!